People in love & out of love on FB have shitty taste in musicPosted: 2012/02/13 | |
The Facebook Data Team looked at songs U.S. users played on Spotify after changing their relationship statuses. The team had lots of data to work since the music platform gained about 2 million-plus users after the Facebook Integration at the end of 2011.
The results are as follows:
Songs people listen to when entering into a relationship:
1. “Don’t Wanna Go Home” by Jason Derulo
2. “Love On Top” by Beyoncé
3. “How to Love” by Lil Wayne
4. “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
5. “Good Feeling” by Flo Rida
6. “It Girl” by Jason Derulo
7. “Stereo Hearts” by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine
8. “Criminal” by Britney Spears
9. “No Sleep” by Wiz Khalifa
10. “Free Fallin’” by John Mayer
Songs listened by people after ending a relationship:
1. “The Cave” by Mumford and Sons
2. “Crew Love” by Drake
3. “All of the Lights” by Kanye West
4. “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
5. “Take Care” by Drake
6. “It Will Rain” by Bruno Mars
7. “We Found Love” by Rihanna and Calvin Harris
8. “Call It What You Want” by Foster the People
9. “Love You Like a Love Song” by Selena Gomez and the Scene
10. “Without You” by David Guetta featuring Usher
I seriously think I know like two or three of these songs. Also, something tells me that Spotify was reeeeeally embraced by teenagers.
I’ve been listening to a lot of GWAR, so….. (just kidding, but that would be pretty stellar). I actually got all into Fiona Apple again last week, which shows what a moody little 90s-lover I am. But then I got a bit too cry-baby and had to listen to way peppier shit because work was sick of me sniffling at my desk.
..Who the fuck are:
– Jason Derulo
– Wiz Khalifa
– Calivin Harris
– David Guetta
I don’t think I’ve ever heard their names. My god, I am an old person.
Also, John Mayer, really? Is he doing stuff now? Huh. The moreeee yooouuu knoooooowwww!!!!!!!